ONLINE: Full Moon Slow Flow
June’s full moon, traditionally called the Strawberry Moon, occurs around the time Spring opens its doors to Summer. The full moon’s powerful energy is an expansive and upward force, which can make us feel energetic and emotional around its passing.
Join Amera for this mindful practice to create a sense of grounding and letting go as we transition from one season to another. Moving slowly through a Moon inspired sequence as we start low to the earth, inviting a feeling of release in the energetic quality of the full moon. Exploring heart-opening postures, lunges and backbends to create space and expansion in the front body and spine.
We will welcome slow, releasing exhales throughout our practice to strengthen the sense of grounding and letting go. Ending with a deep body scan meditation to soften, calm and relax body and mind.
- Improves posture.
- Relieves tension and tightness in muscles and joints.
- Connection with the breath, bringing a sense of presence and calm.
- Stimulates the parasympathetic nervous system (rest and digest mode).
- Leaves you feeling grounded and refreshed.
Props you may need:
• Bolster / Pillow
• Eye bag
** No Props?? No Problem! **
There are many things you can use as an alternative to yoga props, please see the ideas list below, and get creative!
– Bolster alternatives: cushions (you can put some in a pillow case), Pillows (we suggest two in one case for extra support), sofa cushions, rolled up blankets, a rolled up yoga mat if you have one to spare
– Strap alternatives: pair of tights, dressing gown tie, tie – Brick alternatives: thick books, lunch boxes, tinned food cans
– Block alternatives: thinner book (e.g cook book, coffee table book size), rolled up blanket, cushion
All levels welcome, some yoga experience preferable.
⋆ ✥ ✦ ✧ ❉ ✱ ✲ ✴ ✵ ☾◯☽✶ ✷ ✸ ❇ ✹ ✺ ✻ ✼ ❈ ✮
* Included in Yoga Hero Membership
Book your space:Book your space on Eventbrite >
Book your space on MindBody Online >