Online Anatomy Hero Workshop: The Shoulders
These wonderful Anatomy Hero workshops are aimed at yoga teachers, and dedicated yogi practitioners, to refresh and deepen anatomical knowledge, with the aim of teaching and practicing yoga safely.
The workshop will take place on Zoom, and it will cover anatomical terms of movement (how the shoulders move), the muscles of the shoulders and their functions, before looking at how to safely increase shoulder strength, and range of motion.
* Starting with a grounding meditation to get in the learning zone
* Dive in to a short but effective Vinyasa Flow yoga session to explore – and feel – the movements of the shoulders
* Short break
* A refresher of the make up of the shoulder joint, and why this is important
* Methodically cover the muscles of the shoulders and their functions, including palpating (activating) each muscle to be able to feel it, locate it, and remember it
* A brief introduction to fascia and it’s impact on the shoulders
* Myofascial release techniques across the length of the shoulders
* Q & A
This workshop is perfect for:
* Yoga instructors
* Yoga teachers in training
* Aspiring yoga teachers
* Experienced yogis looking to learn more about the body
* Personal trainers
* Massage therapists
* Body workers
* Anyone interested in the human body!
£15 for Yoga Hero teachers, and trainee teachers
Book your place:Book your space on MindBody Online >
Book your space on Eventbrite >
Please don’t hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have
Holly Mcfee is the owner of Yoga Hero Ltd. Holly has been practicing yoga for ten years, and teaching for seven years. Holly embarked upon her 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training here in Leeds, and after balancing a full time job and teaching yoga for just six months, went full time in to teaching.
In August 2015 Holly opened the Yoga Hero studio in Leeds Dock, and in June 2017 this studio expanded to become one of the largest dedicated yoga spaces in the North of England.
Holly, along with Angela Jervis-Read, leads Yoga Hero’s 200 hour Vinyasa Flow Teacher Training Course. Her interest in anatomy borders on the ridiculous, and she is really passionate about yoga instructors having at least a basic understanding of how bodies move, and how joints work, to ensure a safe environment for yoga students. These workshops provide a safe space to recap on the basics and deepen anatomical knowledge, to make your yoga teaching, and your yoga practice incredibly effective, as well as safe and enjoyable.
About Yoga Hero
Yoga Hero has been established since March 2013. Initially, classes were ‘popping up’ in church halls, arts galleries, cafes, skateparks… you name it! Over time, we eventually found a beautiful home in Leeds Dock.
Yoga Hero has three studios, one with a capacity of up to 80, one with a capacity of 20, and the third is perfect for small private groups or one to one sessions. At Yoga Hero, we offer everything from Introduction to Yoga Courses, Pay As You Feel Classes, up to 200 hour Foundation Teacher Training Qualifications and Further Training, such as Yin Yoga, Restorative Yoga, and much more!